BOSTON -- A slew of lifetime-best performances by members of the Bates men's track and field team included some rising up in the program's Top 10 all-time performance lists on Saturday, as the Bobcats competed in the non-scoring Terrier Invitational at Boston University.
Senior Ben Levy (Belmont, Mass.) led four Bates runners in the 200 meters with a time of 22.56 seconds, 43rd fastest among 159 sprinters, moving him into sixth place on Bates' all-time performance list in the event. First-year Colin Kraft (Northborough, Mass.) was 60th at 22.82, putting him at No. 8 on Bates' all-time list. Levy also led four Bates runners in the 400 meters, 47th out of 154 athletes overall in a personal-best 49.89, moving into third place on Bates' all-time performance list.
Kraft led Bates in the 60-meter dash with a personal-best time of 7.33.
Senior Noah Graboys (Glencoe, Ill.) and junior John Stansel (Newburyport, Mass.) both ran fast times in the 3,000 meters, with Graboys at 8:29.58 and Stansel at 8:33.03. Graboys vaulted into sixth place on Bates' all-time performance list in the event, and Stansel jumped in right behind him at No. 7.
Other Bates highlights included:
- Junior Sean Enos (Lynnfield, Mass.) had a top shot put effort of 56-10.75, second best among collegiate athletes and second only to Errol Jeffrey of Division I Monmouth. Sophomores Nick Margitza (Waterville, Maine) and Rudy Pandora (Lewiston, Maine) went 46-2.75 and 42-1.25, respectively.
- Enos was also tops in Division III in the weight throw, fourth overall at 60-10.75, less than a foot away from first-place Emmanuel Stewart of Morgan State. Pandora was 17th at 50-1.75 and Margitza was 35th at 46-4.25.
- Junior Mark McCauley (Cumberland, Maine) won his heat in the mile and finished 46th out of 176 total runners with a time of 4:16.88. Sophomore Gregg Heller (Walla Walla, Wash.) finished in 4:26.03.
- Senior John Wisener (Ridgewood, N.J.) topped out at 14-5.25 in the pole vault, tying for 13th among 27 athletes.
- Sophomore Michael Creedon (Medfield, Mass.) led Bates runners in the 1,000 meters in a time of 2:35.89.
- Senior Jarret McKallagat (Atkinson, N.H.) was 23rd fastest among 55 men in the 60 hurdles, at 8.58 seconds.
Bates next competes in the State of Maine Championships, Saturday 6pm at Bowdoin.