HANOVER, N.H. -- The Bates men's track and field team got three scoring performances and three other personal-best performances on the first day of all-divisions Open New England Championships Friday at Dartmouth.
Bates' top performances on the day included:
- Sophomore Beaufils Kimpolo-Pene (Bronx, N.Y.) took third place in the high jump after clearing the bar at 1.96 meters (6-5).
- Junior Tyler Harrington (Haverhill, Mass.) finished fifth in the javelin throw with a top mark of 174-9, best among Division III athletes.
- Senior Adedire Fakorede (Newark, N.J.) finished seventh in the hammer throw with a top distance of 173-3.
- First-year John Rex (Andover, Mass.) extended his own team freshman record in the hammer throw, placing ninth out of 24 with a top distance of 172-9.
- Senior Garrett Anderson (Raleigh, N.C.) placed 10th in the pole vault (14-11).
- Sophomore Justin Levine (Boca Raton, Fla.) ran a personal-record time of 15:00.02 in the 5,000 meters, placing 11th.
- Senior Kawai Marin (Reading, Mass.) placed 15th in the 110-meter hurdles, in a career-best time of 15.55 seconds; he also placed 29th in the 400 hurdles (59.72).
The meet resumes Saturday morning.