HARTFORD, Conn. -- The Bates men's and women's swimming and diving teams each outscored Trinity College Sunday to complete a undefeated weekend of NESCAC dual meets.
The Bobcats set two Trinity pool records at the meet, with junior Teddy Pender (Muscat, Oman) resetting the standard in the men's 50-yard breaststroke and first-year Janika Ho (Los Angeles, Calif.) pulling off the feat in the women's 100-yard butterfly.
The Bates women's team outscored Trinity 235-58, while the Bates men outscored the Bantams 148.5-113.5.
Bates returns to competition Dec. 2-3 with the Maine State Meet at Bowdoin.
- Teddy Pender set the pool 50 breast record with a time of 27.29 seconds. Pender also won the 50-yard butterfly (23.75)
- Junior Riley Ewing (Bedford, N.H.) won the 50-yard backstroke in 24.84 seconds
- Senior Mike Connolly (Duxbury, Mass.) won the 50 freestyle (22.67).
- Senior J.D. Chow (Montclair, N.J.) won the 100 breast (59.65).
- Ewing, Chow, Pender and senior Josh Rines (Hollis, N.H.) won the 200-yard medley relay in 1:37.49. Bates had the two fastest times in the 200-yard freestyle relay, with senior Erik Saberski (Cheshire, Conn.), sophomore Matt Puckace (Madison, Ohio), junior Jonathan Depew (Hudson, Ohio) and first-year Tanner Fuller (Wellington, Fla.) leading the way at 1:29.63.
- Janika Ho set the Trinity pool record in the 100 fly (59.20) and also won the 100-yard individual medley (1:02.04).
- Senior Sara Daher (Marblehead, Mass.) swam the fastest time in the 50 free (25.25) and the 50 fly (26.81)
- A day after winning three races at Wesleyan, first-year Monica Sears (San Anselmo, Calif.) won the 1,000-yard freestyle in 11:07.69 as well as the 100 free in 55.08.
- Senior Julia Smachlo (Rexford, N.Y.) won the 200 free in 2:04.92.
- First-year Hannah Johnson (Brewster, Mass.) won the 50 back in 28.94 and the 100 back in 1:01.17.
- Sophomore Kristy Prelgovisk (Oakland, Maine) won the 50 breast in 32.20.
- Senior Emma Jarczyk (Sudbury, Mass.) scored 226.19 points in 1-meter diving and 253.19 points in 3-meter diving. First-year Charlotte Janelle (Falmouth, Maine) was second in both events, with 201.07 and 244.49, respectively.
- First-year Emily Daigle (Portland, Ore.) won the 100 breaststroke (1:10.71)
- Sophomore Lucy Faust (Piedmont, Calif.) won the 500 free (5:32.50).
- The winning time of 1:56.47 in the 200 medley relay was swum by first-year Emily Erard (Richmond, Va.), Daher, Carter and Faust. Bates' winning 200 freestyle relay time of 1:44.74 was swum by sophomore Amanda Mele (Newtown, Conn.), Johnson, sophomore Emma Lammers (Upper Arlington, Ohio) and junior Nell Houde (Meriden, N.H.).