GORHAM, Maine -- The Bates women's track and field team concluded a split-squad weekend by winning the five-team USM Invitational Saturday at the University of Southern Maine.
Despite competing with a split squad due to Friday's entries in the BU Terrier Classic, Bates outscored a field of five teams with 238 points. Host USM was second (178.5), followed by Merrimack (109.5), Smith (100) and Emmanuel (46).
Bates' highlights included:
- Junior Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) won both the weight throw (48-1.25) and the shot put (36-10.75).
- Senior Srishti Sunil (Bangalore, India) won the long jump (17-6.75) and tied for second in the high jump (5-0.5).
- Senior captain Callie Reynolds (West Hartford, Conn.) won the 3,000 meters with a time of 10:33.07, qualifying her for the New England Division III Championships.
- Sophomore Daniella Pascucci (Needham, Mass.) won the mile with a time of 5:27.26.
- Sophomore Casey Snow (Ridgefield, Conn.) won the 400 meters in a small field of four athletes, with a career-best time of 1:03.61.
- Senior captain Caroline Gettens (Concord, N.H.) won the 600-meter run in 1:44.76.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Kiley-Bergen (Troy, N.Y.) finished first in the 1,000-meter run (3:16.07).
- Bates won the 4x200 relay in 1:52.69, with legs run by sophomore Claire Mackay (Nantucket, Mass.), sophomore Talia Binns (Interlaken, N.J.), sophomore Megan Seymour (West Hartford, Conn.) and junior Kristine Zengeler (Wauconda, Ill.).
- Bates won the 4x400 relay in 4:18.94 with the team of first-year Jenny Martin (Lewiston, Maine), junior Andrea Russo (Cheshire, Conn.), Snow and Gettens.
- First-year Amanda Kaufman (Somers, Conn.) placed second in the 55-meter hurdles (8.68 seconds), qualifying her for the New England Division III Championships.
- First-year Genesis Paulino (Lawrence, Mass.) placed second in the shot put (32-9.75).
- First-year Molly McCoole (New Bedford, N.H.) tied Sunil for second place in the high jump, clearing 5-0.5.
- Sophomore Anna Beaudet (Auburn, Maine) placed third in the 55-meter dash with a finals time of 7.61 seconds, following a trial time of 7.59.
- Junior Sarah Shoulta (Waterville, Maine) placed third in the 200-meter dash at 27.51 seconds. She was also third in the 55-meter hurdles (8.74), qualifying her for the New England Division III Championships.
- First-year Abby Hamilton (Freeport, Maine) placed second in the 3,000 (11:00.33).
- Senior Julia Nemy (San Francisco, Calif.) was second in the 600 meters (1:44.85).
- Andrea Russo was second in the 400 meters (1:04.25).
- Junior Wendy Memishian (Medway, Mass.) was third in the 800 meters (2:33.16).
- Senior Rachael Rosow (Avon, Conn.) was third in the 3,000 meters (11:03.58).
- Sophomore Ashley Pratt (Turner, Maine) pole vaulted an indoor career-best 10-2, placing fourth and qualifying her for the New England Division III Championships.
Bates will be the host team for the Maine State Women's Indoor Championships, Friday at 6pm in Merrill Gymnasium. The Bobcats claimed the state title for the fourth straight year in 2017.