BOSTON -- Bates senior Ayden Eickhoff ran the 800-meter run in 2:11.97, the second-fastest time by a Division III runner so far this season, highlighting several personal record performances for the Bobcat women's track and field team Friday at the John Thomas Terrier Classic at Boston University.
Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) was only half a second from matching her career-best time of 2:11.47, which remains the program record. Nationwide, only Texas Lutheran's Ashley Rynard currently has a faster time (2:11.91).
A larger contingent of Bates athletes will compete Saturday in the USM Invitational, which starts at 11am.
Other Bates highlights from BU on Friday included:
- First-year Elise Lambert (Amherst, N.H.) jumped into eighth place on Bates' all-time performance list in the 800 meters with her time of 2:18.42. First-year Mary Corcoran (Brookline, Mass.) ran a strong time of 2:20.56.
- Sophomore Imani Boggan (Lafayette, Calif.) ran a personal-record 400-meter time of 59.81 seconds, moving from 10th place (1:00.35) up to ninth on Bates' all-time performance list in the event.
- First-year Sophie Matt (New Albany, Ohio) ran the 400-meter dash in 1:01.24.
- Senior Sarah Rothmann (Andover, Mass.) ran the 1,000 meters in 3:00.10, her second-best time in the event.
- Sophomore Vanessa Paolella (Dingmans Ferry, Pa.) ran the mile in 5:13.53, while first-year Tara Ellard (Brewster, Mass.) finished in 5:25.55.
- Boggan, Lambert, Matt and Corcoran ran the 4x400 relay in 4:11.83.