BRUNSWICK, Maine -- Bates College won the Maine State Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships for the sixth straight year Friday night, edging host Bowdoin by six points.
Bates scored 237 points for first place among five teams. The Bobcats were followed by Bowdoin (231), Colby (104.5), Southern Maine (95.5) and Husson (40).
The Bobcats won eight events overall. Top-five performances included:
- Sophomore Amanda Kaufman (Somers, Conn.) won the 200-meter dash (26.42 seconds) and placed second in the 60-meter hurdles (9.11).
- First-year Elise Lambert (Amherst, N.H.) claimed first place in the 600-meter run (1:37.63), and also placed second in the high jump (5-1).
- Senior Ayden Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) won the mile in 5:03.58 and took first place in the 800 meters in 2:20.42, with sophomore So Kim (Thornhill, Ontario) placing second (2:24.52).
- Sophomore Vanessa Paolella (Dingmans Ferry, Pa.) won the 1,000 meters in 3:03.17. Paolella also finished third in the mile (5:08.66).
- Senior Katie Barker (Burlington, Vt.) won the 3,000 meters in 10:22.35.
- Sophomore Abby Hamilton (Yarmouth, Maine) and senior Hannah Austin (North Yarmouth, Maine) placed second (17:52.05) and third (18:20.19), respectively, in the 5,000 meters
- First-year Lauren Berube (Auburn, Maine) placed second in the pole vault (10-6) and seventh in the long jump (16-1.75).
- Senior Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) won the weight throw (50-1.75) and placed second in the shot put (37-10.75).
- Sophomore Genesis Paulino (Lawrence, Mass.) placed second in the weight throw (44-7.5) and fifth in the shot put (33-10).
- senior Sarah Rothmann (Andover, Mass.) placed second in the 1,000 meters (3:06.46) and fifth in the mile (5:16.24).
- First-year Mary Corcoran (Brookline, Mass.) came in third (1:39.54) in the 600 meters.
- First-year Sophie Matt (New Albany, Ohio) placed fourth in the 400 meters (1:00.79).
- First-year Lily Simmons (Harpers Ferry, W.Va.) placed fourth in the pole vault at 10-6, moving into a tie for fifth place on Bates' all-time performance list with Berube and junior Ashley Pratt (Greene, Maine), who also cleared 10-6 to place fifth.
- Sophomore Imani Boggan (Lafayette, Calif.) placed fifth in the 400 meters (1:01.36)
- Sophomore Jenny Martin (Lewiston, Maine) placed fifth in the 60-meter dash (8.18), fifth in the 60-meter hurdles (9.41) and seventh in the 200 (26.89).
- First-year Tara Ellard (Brewster, Mass.) placed fourth in the 3,000 meters (10:53.87), while senior Wendy Memishian (Medway, Mass.) took fifth place (10:58.16).
- First-year Emily Carty (Sweden, Maine) placed fifth in the 1,000 meters (3:08.13).
- Corcoran, Boggan, Matt and Lambert teamed up to win the 4x800 meter relay in 9:53.71, clinching the team victory.
- First-year Rebecca Willis (West Newbury, Mass.), first-year Emily-Claire Duffy (Belmont, Mass.), senior Andrea Russo (Cheshire, Conn.) and junior Megan Seymour (West Hartford, Conn.) took second place in the 4x400 relay, helping Bates maintain its lead in the penultimate event.
Bates will compete in the BU Valentine Invitational next Friday.