CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- The Bates women's track and field team won four events and had six other top-three individual performances Saturday as they opened their outdoor season at MIT in a four-team meet with RPI and Tufts.
Top results for the Bobcats included:
- Senior Ayden Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) won the 1,500-meter run in 4:37.92, 0.33 seconds ahead of MIT's Margaret Trautner. Eickhoff's time is only 0.89 seconds off of her personal best time from 2016.
- Senior Katie Barker (Burlington, Vt.) won the 5,000 meters in 18:09.50.
- Sophomore Amanda Kaufman (Somers, Conn.) won the 100-meter hurdles in 14.83 seconds, her personal best time by 0.09 seconds, second in program history.
- Senior Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) won the shot put (37-6.75) and placed third in the discus (112-6) and fourth in the hammer (129-9).
- First-year Sophie Matt (New Albany, Ohio) took second place in the 400 meters, getting just under a minutes in 59.99 seconds.
- First-year Elise Lambert (Amherst, N.H.) placed second in the 800 meters in 2:18.71.
- Junior Megan Seymour (West Hartford, Conn.) took second place in the 400-meter hurdles in a personal-record time of 1:06.20, only 0.03 seconds behind MIT's Claire Melvin. Seymour entered Bates' all-time top 10 performance list in the event at No. 7.
- First-year Lauren Berube (Auburn, Maine) placed second in the pole vault, clearing 10-6. First-year Lily Simmons (Harpers Ferry, W.Va.) also cleared 10-6 and placed sixth. Both pole vaulters jump onto Bates' all-time performance list in the outdoor pole vault in a tie for fourth place with Laura Golitko '06.
- Sophomore Abby Hamilton (Yarmouth, Maine) placed fourth in the 5,000 meters (18:34.64).
- Sophomore Ellie Strauss (Port Matilda, Pa.) took fifth place in the javelin throw (105-1), moving into a tie for 10th place on Bates' all-time performance list.
Tufts scored 198 points, followed by MIT (194), RPI (138) and Bates (134).
The Bobcats will next compete Saturday April 13 at the University of New Hampshire Wildcat Invitational.