DURHAM, N.H. -- The Bates women's track and field team won three events and notched 10 top-three performances Saturday, competing against Division I Maine and New Hampshire at the UNH Wildcat Invitational.
The host Wildcats won the team scoring with 156 points, followed by Maine (122) and Bates (89).
Bates' highlights included:
- Senior Katie Barker (Burlington, Vt.) won the 3,000 meters in 10:37.04, 9.17 seconds ahead of New Hampshire's Morgan Sansing.
- Senior Ayden Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) placed first out of 12 runners in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:15.32, 0.38 seconds ahead of New Hampshire's Shannon Murdock.
- Bates' pole vaulting trio of junior Ashley Pratt (Greene, Maine), first-year Lauren Berube (Auburn, Maine) and first-year Lily Simmons (Harpers Ferry, W.Va.) all cleared the bar at 10-2.75, sweeping the first three individual places in the event. Pratt claimed first place and Berube took second.
- First-year Elise Lambert (Amherst, N.H.) placed third in the 400-meter hurdles in 1:06.05, jumping into sixth place on the program's all-time performance list in the event. Lambert also placed second in the high jump, clearing 5-1.
- Senior Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) placed third in the shot put (39-3.25) and fifth in the hammer (133-7).
- Sophomore So Kim (Thornhill, Ontario) placed third in the 1,500 meters with a time of 4:56.53.
- Bates finished third in the 4x400 relay, with first-year Sophie Matt (New Albany, Ohio), Lambert, Kim and Eickhoff registering a time of 4:10.43.
- Sophomore Ellie Strauss (Port Matilda, Pa.) placed fourth in the javelin throw at a career-best distance of 107-11, moving into eighth place on Bates' all-time performance list.
- Sophomore Abby Hamilton (Yarmouth, Maine) placed fourth in the 1,500 meters in 5:05.42.
- First-year Rebecca Willis (West Newbury, Mass.) took fourth place in the 100-meter hurdles (16.67 seconds).
- Sophomore Vanessa Paolella (Dingmans Ferry, Pa.) took fourth place in the 3,000 meters (11:07.64).
- Senior Shelby Burns (Uniontown, Pa.) placed fourth in the high jump (4-11).
- Sophomore Genesis Paulino (Lawrence, Mass.) took fourth place in the shot put (32-5).
Bates will host the Aloha Relays next weekend, the Bobcats' only home meet of the season, beginning with heptathlon events on Friday at 4pm and continuing with the bulk of the meet Saturday at 11am on Russell Street Track.