LEWISTON, Maine -- The Bates women's track and field team played host to seven Division III teams from Maine as well as Wellesley College for the Aloha Relays on Saturday at Russell Street Track, winning seven events and placing second in team scoring.
Bowdoin scored the most team points with 247.5, followed by Bates (171), Southern Maine (90.5), Colby (65.5), Wellesley (47), Husson (32.5), Saint Joseph's (12) and UMaine-Farmington (2).
Top-five event performances by Bates included:
- First-year Elise Lambert (Amherst, N.H.) won the high jump (5-1) and placed second in the 400-meter hurdles (1:05.93).
- Senior Ayden Eickhoff (Corvallis, Mont.) won the 400-meter dash in a personal-best 57.64 seconds, juimping onto Bates' all-time performance list into the No. 3 spot. Eickhoff is now ranked among the top 30 athletes in Division III in the 400, 800 and 1,500 meters.
- Senior captain Katie Hughes (Pittsfield, Maine) took first place in the hammer throw (139-2), placed second in the shot put (38-4.25) and fourth in the discus (106-5)
- Sophomore Genesis Paulino (Lawrence, Mass.) won the discus throw (115-8) and placed third in the hammer (135-4).
- Sophomore Vanessa Paolella (Dingmans Ferry, Pa.) won the 1,500-meter run in 4:45.94.
- Senior Hannah Austin (North Yarmouth, Maine) won the 5,000-meter run (18:34.00).
- Bates won the 4x400 relay in 4:02.76, on legs run by first-year Sophie Matt (New Albany, Ohio), Lambert, sophomore So Kim (Thornhill, Ontario) and Eickhoff.
- Bates took second in the 4x800 relay, with senior Sarah Rothmann (Andover, Mass.), first-year Loren Andrews (Wellesley, Mass.), Paolella and first-year Mary Corcoran (Brookline, Mass.) finishing in 9:52.70.
- So Kim also placed second in the 800 meters (2:18.80).
- First-year Lily Simmons (Harpers Ferry, W.Va.) placed second in the pole vault (10-2).
- Senior Wendy Memishian (Medway, Mass.) placed second in the 3,000-meter steeplechase (12:25.23).
- Senior Shelby Burns (Uniontown, Pa.) placed second in the high jump (4-11).
- Mary Corcoran also placed third in the 800 meters (2:21.25).
- Sophomore Ellie Strauss (Port Matilda, Pa.) placed third in the javelin throw (110-9).
- Junior Ashley Pratt (Greene, Maine) placed third in the pole vault (9-8).
- Sarah Shoulta also placed fourth in the 100-meter hurdles (16.09).
- First-year Carly Harris (Orinda, Calif.) placed fourth in the 5,000 meters (19:59.67).
- First-year Olivia Skillings (Portland, Maine) placed fourth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase (12:33.37).
- Sophie Matt also placed fifth in the 800 meters (2:26.40).
- Sarah Rothmann also placed fifth in the 1,500 meters (4:52.46).
- First-year Rebecca Willis (West Newbury, Mass.) placed fifth in the 400 hurdles (1:08.64).
Bates will compete at the NESCAC Championships next Saturday at Middlebury, starting at 9am.